Banyo Station Accessibility Upgrade
Queensland Rail, Stantec
Traditional Custodians of the Land:
Our team has completed the reference design for the Banyo Station Accessibility Upgrade as part of Queensland Rail’s Station Accessibility Upgrade Programme (SAUP).
Key improvements include:
- New covered footbridge with through lifts, ramps and stairs
- Raised platforms, new core zones and an assisted boarding point
- New waiting shelters
- New station building positioned centrally to boarding point, new customer ticket window and toilets
- New wayfinding and platform signage
- Upgraded services including security and lighting
- New station entry area, forecourts and landscape features
- New secure bicycle enclosure facility
- Improved urban connectivity in the station precinct.
The station design is in accordance with the SAUP principles and parameters. The scope of the SAUP focuses on removing accessibility barriers and providing all customers with safe and equitable travel on Queensland Rail’s network. Consequential works associated with the core objectives are addressed within the project scope.