Stage set for Santa Maria College Cultural Centre
The cutting-edge performing arts centre at Perth’s Santa Maria College has received the green light to proceed from the Metro Inner-South Joint Development Assessment Panel (JDAP).
The first part of its visionary 10-15-year master plan, Santa Maria’s Cultural Centre will set the stage for the incredible talents of the College’s students and give them a place to gather, learn and create.
“JDAP approval is a critical milestone for this state-of-the-art facility and a testament to the collaborative relationship we have with the College,” said Senior Associate Boris Poznovia.
“The new Cultural Centre celebrates the architectural heritage and landscaped character of the school while meeting the current and future needs of Santa Maria College.”
Our competition-winning design for the music, drama, and dance hub at the Attadale campus features:
- A 650-seat auditorium with a mix of fixed and flexible seating
- A multi-function/inter-disciplinary facility featuring music, drama and dance
- A dance studio, blackbox theatre, orchestra and ensemble rooms and tuition rooms
- A generous multi-use foyer and servery for College and community events
- An integrated courtyard to provide outdoor spaces for learning, performing and gathering
The Development Application was lodged in October 2022. In February 2023, JDAP and the City of Melville approved the proposal, which is set for completion by term one, 2025.