Wyong Northern Corridor Strategy
Central Coast Council
Tuggerah-North Wyong, NSW
The Central Coast’s economic strengths lie in its skilled workforce, proximity to Sydney, growing population, natural environment and resources. Architectus and SGS Economics and Planning were engaged to prepare the Northern Corridor Growth Strategy, to develop a single vision for the economic development of the area, with reference to the directions and aims of the Central Coast Regional Plan. In doing so, the Strategy outlines how the Northern Corridor will sustainably develop and accommodate growth over the next 20 – 30 years.
The planning strategy for the Northern Economic Corridor from Tuggerah to North Wyong is an important step in the strategic planning process which aims to increase the number of local jobs to reduce the necessity for workers to commute out of the region. The Strategy recognises that the centres and employment areas in the Corridor have capacity to support a variety of activities. In turn, provide opportunity to provide employment land for the long term, whilst also maximising investment on infrastructure.
The Strategy will provide:
- An exciting vision for the Corridor that provides the community and businesses with certainty and optimism about the success of the Corridor and each centre;
- clarity on how to achieve the vision;
- a Centre hierarchy framework delineating role and complimentary relationship;
- targets for employment and residential growth; and
- recommendations for infrastructure and investment to accompany growth.